The current economic situation has created many businesses challenges. Dental practices need to respond in various ways to encourage consumers to make dentistry a higher priority. Consumers will only delay longer without ongoing reminders. Additionally, current patients need a higher level of communication and stronger referral skills.
While regular preventive dental visits can be delayed without a short-term downside, significant health problems and personal reasons will not wait for an economic recovery. When emergencies arise and toothaches occur, your dental office should have a public presence to keep your patient numbers on a growth trajectory.
Take these steps to keep your dental office profitable in 2009.
- To grab people who are not considering dentistry right now
- Usually includes a traditional dentistry marketing element or format
- People need to be made aware of your cosmetic and restorative expertise and services
- While public marketing is not cheap, done right, dentists can bring in new blood fast
- Waiting for referrals, or consumers to think about or searchers is risky in a downturn
- Patients want others to know about you if you do things well
- This is hardly ever done well - it is often generic, impersonal, and infrequent
- Referrals and smile makeover case acceptance result from effectively communicating value
- Find more ways to connect with dental patients and more formats to ask for referrals
- Where you communicate now - add elements that say something new about you
- Referrals still make great patients, but the new landscape requires new methods
- Use dental technology to better inform patient of your services and expertise
- The Internet is where your patients, and consumers are, and will be looking for you
- There are a thousand ways to attract new dental care patients online: spread your wings
- Internet evasion will shrink your community influence, referral power, expertise value
- Remember most other dentists are doing one thing, if any, and often haphazardly
- Keep adding to your online dental advertising repertoire, weaving in your highest value services
Commentary by Dental Marketing Consultant Dick Chwalekand Niche Dental communication coaching guides you to better, faster, and fit-your-needs solutions.
Visit Niche Dental on Twitter.