People sit on their hands in a tough economy until value has been redefined for them. They have become wary, which slows their reaction time to marketing messages. Refocus them on the complete dental health and confidence building value you offer.
As a dental coach and consultant for practices who focus on oral health and aesthetic smile makeovers, I avoid putting the emphasis on cost (even if some pricing element is somewhere in the design or message). This is because devaluing professional services leaves little room to promote the higher level elements, which are the life blood of many dental practices.
Using the right photo with a synergistic message can effectively refocus the consumer on value without creating conflicts with costs. Since most of us have a lot less money (on paper and otherwise) than we did 18 months ago, a lower price - especially with higher level treatments like dental implants - would make very little difference in most cases.
For restorative and cosmetic dentists in this environment, value trumps price.
Visit Niche Dental - Connective Communication Strategies, Marketing, Advertising, Websites
Visit Niche Dental on Twitter.
- Part One: Finding Answers to Willy’s Jeep U-Joint 'problem'.
- Part Two: Conclusion, Willy's Jeep, Problem Solved!
> Call (866) 453-1026 Ext 251
Excerpt from latest dental marketing article from Dick Chwalek, dentist coach and dentistry consultant...
Avoid Dental Visit Dead-Air... Cancels & No Shows!
Dental treatment cancellations and hygiene visit no-shows are frustrating for your team, for you, and for your future. No-shows take the air out of the day, leaving everyone in a funk. Cancellations are deflating for everyone involved, the entire dental team and patients. Patients miss out on the timely care they need and you lose the revenues that are impossible to make up.
What Causes Dental Visit "Dead-Air"?
In the radio business, which I worked in for seven years, this "open space" is called dead air. Listeners miss out on programming (music, news, etc.) tuning out if it goes on too long. Advertisers start to squirm, wondering if their big sale today is headed for disaster. They will forgive you if things start up again within a few seconds or minutes or the reasons are unavoidable. But if it goes on too long (no matter why) or happens too often for no good reason, future ad sales would suffer.
Is it the storm that is passing through or is the disc jockey stuck in the restroom? Like the radio station listener or advertiser, it is hard for you to understand why "dead air" is occurring. Is the dental patient missing because of a family event, car trouble or a business conflict?
Complete "Dental Visit Dead-Air" marketing article at NicheDental.com
- Invisalign braces, Lumineers veneers, cosmetic dentistry, dental care in Edina MN
- Smile Makeover Veneers, Invisalign orthodontics, smile whitening, dental office in Traverse City, MI
- IV Sedation Dentistry, Dental Implants, Cosmetic Dentist, Veneers West Chester PA Office
- Oral Surgeons, Dental Specialists, Implant Dentistry, Wisdom Teeth in Cookeville, Nashville, TN
- Dental Implants, Preventive Care, Smile Makeovers, Veneers Teeth, Cosmetic Dentistry Garden City NY
- Smile Makeovers, Porcelain Veneers, Implant Dentistry, Cosmetic Care in Manhattan NYC
- Dental Implant Makeovers, Cosmetic Dentist, Smile Veneers in Manchester CT Hartford Area
Dr. Klym recently took another big step in expanding his advanced dentistry expertise. In December, he completed his certification in the DOCS oral conscious sedation program, which greatly reduces his patients’ concerns about discomfort and pain. The DOCS training makes it possible for him to provide anxiety-free dental treatment when needed or requested (docseducation.com).
As a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) since 1998, he has constantly pursued training to help more people get healthy (icoi.org). With sedation and advanced treatments like implants, even those who have held off for many years and have serious dental health issues can have the smile they want.
According to Dr. Klym, “Each time my team and I are able to help patients overcome their fears and provide the care they need, we are still amazed at how positive, and often life changing, their response is.” Whether it is health or appearance related Dr. Klym knows that in this economy lasting value is what Traverse City area residents want, and more importantly, deserve.
Having the confidence, energy and health to accomplish our goals is even more vital today. Dr. Klym and Northwood Dental team offer all the dental care services patients need, builds the trust they require, and has the smile makeover expertise to deliver.
Brian T. Klym, DDS • DOCS Oral Sedation Certification
Improving the quality of restorations is a daily goal for every dental lab. Eliminating as many inaccuracies as possible is the main way for achieving higher levels of quality. Solve many more restoration inaccuracies with the Crocus Dental Technologies Langner Jet Pin System.
Jet Pin Model System Videos
The following videos demonstrate the value the Jet Pin model system offer your dental lab and your dentist clients. See how to give your laboratory model room a step up in consistency and quality.
One factor that greatly influences quality is the stability of the die in the working model. If the die doesn’t seat in the model in exactly the same position every time, inaccuracies can occur in the proximal contacts and even in the occlusion
The Jet Pin System was developed in Germany by Jan Langner. Introduced to the US market by Crocus Dental Technologies, the Langner Jet Pin system, is now available exclusively from Renstrom.
The most obvious characteristic of the system is its increased number of pins compared to traditional die pin systems. More pins mean more die stability and more stability means more accuracy!
Each die is now stabilized by four pins, one each on the lingual, buccal, mesial, and distal. The two additional interproximal pins ensure a secure fit and prevent any lateral movement of the die.
State of the art dental laser guided pin drilling system and computerized powder/water ratio control for die stone help.
Your dental lab team members in the model room can take full advantage of the accuracy of the Jet Pin system. The net result is that your lab can consistently give your dentist clients the accurate contacts and occlusion they require.
Is the quality of your ceramic and porcelain smile makeover restorations superior to all others?
With the Langner Jet Pinning system, your dental lab can improve the fabrication process while at the same time produce a better quality product,
This unique pinning system allows a technician to fabricate and fit crowns on a stable, more accurate die and model, ensuring consistent and predictable results.
Get the right answers from Northern Dental Alliance members. The only obligation, reserve your spot--limited seating!
This hybrid, dual topic seminar on March 13, 2009 will present successful strategies for dentists and dental practices to develop and protect their personal and business investment.
- Presenter: Dick Chwalek - Niche Dental
- Topic: Communication is Everything • Preparing Patients for Out-Of-Pocket Value
- Summary: See Below
- Presenter: Michael Weber - Weber Law Office
- Topic: Legal Wellness in Dentistry • The Value of Prevention
- Summary: See Below
> Presentation Summaries
Key Communication Concepts Covered
- Communication is Health, Expertise and Revenue
- Building New Communication Routes
- Prepare Consumers, Your Patients
- Creating A Framework
- Avoiding Generic
- Being Specific
The session uses and refers to a “legal wellness” checklist, which can also be a resource for dentists to discuss, and potentially prioritize issues, with their legal counsel.
Remember to RSVP • Lunch is provided
- CONTACT: NDA member Rick Epple at 866-556-6213 ext 251
- or visit the NDA website
Event Hosted by Rick Epple, Epple Financial Advisors
The current economic situation has created many businesses challenges. Dental practices need to respond in various ways to encourage consumers to make dentistry a higher priority. Consumers will only delay longer without ongoing reminders. Additionally, current patients need a higher level of communication and stronger referral skills.
While regular preventive dental visits can be delayed without a short-term downside, significant health problems and personal reasons will not wait for an economic recovery. When emergencies arise and toothaches occur, your dental office should have a public presence to keep your patient numbers on a growth trajectory.
Take these steps to keep your dental office profitable in 2009.
- To grab people who are not considering dentistry right now
- Usually includes a traditional dentistry marketing element or format
- People need to be made aware of your cosmetic and restorative expertise and services
- While public marketing is not cheap, done right, dentists can bring in new blood fast
- Waiting for referrals, or consumers to think about or searchers is risky in a downturn
- Patients want others to know about you if you do things well
- This is hardly ever done well - it is often generic, impersonal, and infrequent
- Referrals and smile makeover case acceptance result from effectively communicating value
- Find more ways to connect with dental patients and more formats to ask for referrals
- Where you communicate now - add elements that say something new about you
- Referrals still make great patients, but the new landscape requires new methods
- Use dental technology to better inform patient of your services and expertise
- The Internet is where your patients, and consumers are, and will be looking for you
- There are a thousand ways to attract new dental care patients online: spread your wings
- Internet evasion will shrink your community influence, referral power, expertise value
- Remember most other dentists are doing one thing, if any, and often haphazardly
- Keep adding to your online dental advertising repertoire, weaving in your highest value services
Commentary by Dental Marketing Consultant Dick Chwalekand Niche Dental communication coaching guides you to better, faster, and fit-your-needs solutions.
Visit Niche Dental on Twitter.